Grocery shopping can be seriously expensive, especially if you’re shopping for a large family.
So we rounded up 12 of our best money-saving tips you can use on your next grocery run.
1. Download coupons directly onto your smart phone and utilize money-saving apps that provide cash back for your purchases…
2. Or see if your favorite grocery store has it’s own app.
3. Shop the frozen aisle for fruits and veggies — they’re usually cheaper and the quality is just as good…
4. And freeze or can fresh fruits when they go on sale.
5. Invest in quality food storage containers that will help keep your fresh produce from spoiling.
6. Ditch pre-packaged meats and shop the butcher counter. The prices are usually lower and you can buy the exact amount you need.
7. Avoid impulse buys by using curbside pickup.
8. Buy bulk dry items (like snacks and canned goods) online.
9. Learn more about sell-by dates so you’re not throwing away perfectly good food.
10. Learn how to make a handful of recipes using rotisserie chicken.
11. Keep track of how much your staple groceries cost so you know when you’re actually getting a good deal.
12. See if your stores have double ad days.
Looking for more money-saving tips? Check out these posts:
• 20 Cheap Meals That Won’t Break The Bank
• 19 Healthy Dinners Under $10 You Should Make ASAP
• I Tried Cooking Dinner All Week On A $30 Budget