1. Stop comparing yourself to others so much.
2. Stop feeling like you have to please everybody all the time.
3. Limit the amount of time you spend on social media.
4. Or create an ‘Only good vibes’ feed.
5. For every negative thought you have about yourself, have two positive ones at the ready.
6. Failure and criticism may just be the best teachers you’ll ever have.
7. Get in a habit of identifying what emotions you’re feeling.
8. But also, give yourself permission to simply feel.
9. Don’t overthink things to the point where it’s just not helpful.
10. Get into the habit of taking care of yourself.
11. Make sure to practice generosity.
12. Don’t forget to breathe.
13. Learn to assess just how important some things really are…
14. As well as the importance of staying open-minded.
15. And finally, don’t forget that it takes time to heal.
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255. Other international suicide helplines can be found at befrienders.org.
This post was translated from Portuguese.