18 Produce Facts That'll Make You Do A Double Take
They can cause digestive problems and tooth decay.
10. Peaches and nectarines are the same fruit.
11. Vegetables in Alaska grow oversized because of the amount of sun they get.
12. Potato plants sometimes grow poisonous fruit.
13. The world’s largest cashew tree covers 80,000 square feet.
14. If you ate a different variety of apple per day, it would take over 20 years to try them all.
15. There is a berry that can change the way that your taste buds perceive flavor when you eat it.
16. Your skin can get second-degree burns if you leave lime juice on it during a hot and sunny day. It’s often referred to as “margarita dermatitis.”
17. The apples that Johnny Appleseed planted were most likely used for hard apple cider.
18. And coconut water has been successfully used as an IV injection for treating dehydration.